Thursday, May 29, 2008

Can You Change People?

I have been thinking about this for a the last couple of weeks... The thing is that up until recently I thought that if you are nice to people and if you really put all your heart into something, you can help people to transform themselves into something better... Generally, I would say that I am more of an idealist who believes that every person's inner self is good and it is the circumstances that make us do bad things. Also, I used to believe that I, one person, have the power to let the people around me to reach into themselves, to reach into that "inner good" and let that dominate over the bad. Recently, however, I started to think that it often takes more than one person to do that. I realized that sometimes, no matter how hard I try, if I am the only one who is trying, then nothing is going to change. You can't really change people, unless THEY are willing to change. I know that I am still going to keep trying, but I won't be as optimistic and as convinced in my abilities as I used to be. It is hard when you see people around you "screwing up" but sometimes I guess there is nothing to do but let them "screw up" and hopefully they will learn from their mistakes, or they won't... I am not claiming to be an expert on anything, but I do know that I have had more life experiences than some of the people I know in my life, but again, those are my experiences, and I guess they have to have their own in order to learn...

Anyways, this has been on my mind for a couple of days, so here it is :)

As for me, I am pretty content with life right now. I have had some hard days in the last couple of weeks, but finally I think that my life is on the right track, and I am excited for things to come, so that's a really good feeling. I am moving into a new place tomorrow, and I am sooooo looking forward to it, mostly because we'll be decorating the house and I absolutely love doing that!!! I am starting a new job in about a week and all I can say is that I think it is as perfect as it can be at this point.

I hope that the sun is shining for all of the people that I know and the people that I don't know too :)

No comments: