Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I want to have a pygmy tarsier!!!!

I know I recently wrote about a Mexican walking fish that is really cute, but today I found another animal which I think is even cuter and I want it so bad! But the unfortunate thing is that I probably will never have it because, first, I don't know if you could actually have one as a pet (although they do look friendly in the pics), and second, they are almost extinct. In fact, for 80 years zoologists thought they were extinct, but as recently as August 2008, a group from one of the universities in TX went all the way to Indonesia to find out whether these animals are still around. And they found them! I think it's super exciting. I don't know what we can do to bring them back, i.e. to increase their numbers, but I do hope that somehow we will manage to save them. They really remind me of this Russian cartoon character Cheburashka. Apparently in the US they would compare it to Furby. I did not grow up in the US so I don't know Furby but I looked up the pics on Google and it does kinda look like the real thing.

Here is the pic of the Indonesian pygmy tarsier!

No comments: