Saturday, September 27, 2008

Family

I was just thinking how much I really miss my family. I never admit this to myself, but the truth is that I miss them like crazy. My childhood was not perfect but regardless of what it was, I still miss it. And most of all, I miss my parents. So many times I feel guilty because I have chosen to live so far away from them. I know that my parents are glad that my brother and I are both happy doing things we want to do, but at the same time, I know that at the bottom of their hearts, they both wish that we all lived closer together (and by that I mean, in the same country). I was just thinking that it has been 4 years since all four of us - me, mom, dad, and my brother - have all been in the same room! I remember as a little girl, we would all wake up early, but since it was weekend and none of us wanted to get out of bed, my brother and I would go to my parent's bedroom and we'd all lie in my parents' huge bed and talk for hours... It was such a happy time... and I miss it a lot. I know that those times will never come back, and it's really sad, but all I wish is to see my entire family all together. I miss you mom and dad!!!

No comments: