Friday, September 12, 2008

To trust, to have faith, and to forgive...

I was watching a movie the other day (the movie is called "Georgia Rule" in case you're interested) and I heard this quote which describes how I feel right now. The main character in that movie said that three things are the hardest to do in life: to trust, to have faith, and to forgive. I think that trusting someone is one of the hardest things to do. How do you know that a person is honest? How do you know that when they look at you and say something to you, they are not thinking something completely different? I guess some people are pretty transparent and it's easy to know when they are hiding something, but others are much better at it. I was just talking with someone who was trying to convince me that I should trust more. He was trying to tell me that I should not jump to conclusions. I guess he is right. In fact, I know that he is right, but at the same time, I feel that somewhere in my heart there is always a little doubt that does not want to leave. So, what should a person do? How do you become better at trusting? Or forgiveness? Can you really forgive someone completely? I obviously do not have any answers, and I don't know if I ever will. I guess that life is a process and you figure things out as you go, and unfortunately, sometimes you learn hard way. But hey, as I said in one of my previous posts, if something goes really, really wrong, that means that it could only get better, right? :) So I guess it's a good idea to focus on the future, and all the good that it may bring, instead of living in the past and allowing past wrongdoings affect your present.

No comments: