Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Vacation :)

Okay, I know that the semester just started but it can never be too early to start planning your vacation, right? :) Anyways, I am already thinking about Christmas vacation since I doubt I will have any breaks until then. I do get a one-week fall break in October but I will probably end up working and doing homework that entire week. So there are two options for Christmas: one warm and the other cold (not quite as cold as Minneapolis though) - Miami or NYC. There are ups and downs to both. If I go to Miami:
* I would get a real break from Minnesota weather and enjoy some sun
* I would be vacationing with 2 friends
* However, speaking from personal experience, I always tend to get a "post-vacation depression" when I go to a warm place in the middle of the winter. Just imagine, a week in Miami: sun, ocean, fun... and then you come back to Minneapolis and what you see: snow, ice, work, school, etc.
On the other hand, if I go to NYC:
* I would get to spend Christmas and New Year with some relatives and friends whom I haven't seen in 2.5 years, and I would meet my cousin's husband for the first time
* But, NYC will not be as warm as Miami
* I would have to do a lot of exploring on my own because the people I am visiting will be working during the day. However, I know NYC fairly well so I would not mind spending some quality time with myself, at least during the day while everyone is at work.
* Last time I was in NYC on New Year's Eve (2004) I did not go to the Times Square to see the ball drop and I regretted it A LOT, so now I can finally go back and correct my mistake :)

Last but not least, NYC would be much more economical since I have a free place to stay, and most importantly, I would get to eat some food from HOME!

Well, I guess I still have time to play around, but wherever I end up going, I am looking forward to Christmas already!

No comments: