Thursday, September 11, 2008

When you are (not) ready...

I was just thinking: is it possible to be ready for anything and everything in this life? In high school I used to have a friend who always said that regardless of what happened to her, she always had a way out of any situation. I knew her close enough to know what was going on in her life and I found that she was right - it seemed that no situation was too complicated for her. The only time I saw her weakness was when she lost someone she thought would be her life partner, someone she seemed to love more than anyone or anything in this world. For a while she became a different person and it seemed that life had lost all color for her. Things that had made her happy before had now lost all meaning. I guess that the morale of the story is that regardless of how strong you are, there are situations you can't prepare for. It is possible to project your future and draw scenarios in your head, and yet, when the time comes, you still won't be 100% ready for it. It is bad when something too unexpected happens and you are caught off guard, but I guess it is even worse when you prepare yourself for something and still, when it happens, you realize that you are not ready for it at all...

1 comment:

Hang Pham said...

That is quite true. I've noticed that we have something in common, thats it "we are thinkers". We like to draw out theories and how things must go the way it has to be. However life is not like that, and we might be able to control a lot of things but EMOTIONS. No matter how much you analyze your emotion and think how you should react if things change, but eventually when it actually happens, it will hits us to our heart first before our brain. Thats why no matter how much we prepare (in theory) we can never feel like we're okay.
I understand much of what your friend has been through. Im gonna be honest. I used to thought Im so gonna be okay after my break-up, since in a relationship I tried to be as much independent as I could, so that if I ever break up, I never have to feel so sad not having some1 beside me. Guess what, I felt miserable. Now its heal, but I learnt that when it comes to emotional things, nothing can explain and prepare us well for what we're doing with it.