Sunday, September 21, 2008

From an "emotional disaster" to a normal person :)

A couple of weeks back I wrote a post about being unable to control your emotions and being completely helpless when it comes to the feelings in your heart. The last few days, however, have been filled with some "eye-opening" experiences. The truth is that emotions sometimes bring you really down and you feel as if your life is over and nothing can make it better. Trust me, I've been there and I know how miserable it is. But the truth is, that's just temporary and sooner or later you will get over it, I promise :) I guess it takes some people longer than others, but I think that the most important thing is to WANT to get over it. I just realized that in the past I did not really want to be over something, I think I victimized myself a little and I kind of liked feeling sorry for myself. I started out feeling that way this time too, but a few days ago I realized that it's completely pointless and I really needed to take control of myself and grab onto something positive in my life. Believe me, it works. As I said, the most important thing is to WANT to feel better and then find a way to do it. And there are always ways other there, you just need to pick one and stick with it. Everyone in this life experiences some kind of pain. I feel that I have had my share too, and each time, it is a different kind of pain. Therefore, solution or the way out will be a little different each time. But at the same time, there is one thing in common - you have to remember that you are the one who controls how you feel, regardless of how helpless you may feel at times.

No comments: